hellthenglory asked: WAIT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU RUN FRESH OFF THE FARM. Cool. You go Glen Coco. It's a nice blog. I would give up trying to run an RP blog. My RPing lived and died on twitter.
It started as an ask blog and now it’s more a graphics thing. I do all my theorizing on this one and I RP elsewhere because it’s easier for me to do that. Mostly on Dreamwidth.
My Twitter, for the record, is over here.
And also Ben Mercer sucks because let’s not forget that he still owes Annie $50 for that bar tab he ditched her with, okay?
Anonymous asked: who is your favourite covert affairs character and why? also who is your least favourite and why??
Oh, Anon… what kind of question IS this? SO HARD.
I could honestly make a case for liking (or disliking) any character on this show. I really, really could. But since you didn’t specify main cast or just anyone, I’m going to tell you about secondary-ish characters that have been on the show that have rubbed me the right (or wrong) way.
If you meant main cast, well. Let me know and I’ll tell you that, too. It’d be a much, much longer answer.
Simon Fischer & Vincent Rossabi.
Simon - my precious heart - was meant to be nothing more than a target for our honeypot Annie and yet. And yet. He knew she was CIA the whole time, he didn’t turn her into his handler (in fact, he killed the man), and he fell in love with her himself. He changed his own getaway plan to fit her in because of his love for her, a plan he’d been cultivating for ten full years knowing that it was going to be the only way out from his lifestyle. And then he died and my heart shattered.
Vincent Rossabi is better than anyone and IDGAF what they’re saying about his addictive past (and no, he wasn’t having an affair with Senator Pierson, what even), Rossabi is a perfect unicorn and if you don’t like him, leave. Just leave my fandom, goodbye.
Ben Mercer, Reva Kline, & Liza Hearn
Ben Mercer - look, nothing you say is going to make me believe that three weeks on a beach in Sri Lanka is enough to make this guy turn his back on his job or put this otherwise smart, capable woman into a tailspin that lasts two years and forces her to join the CIA. The sex just can’t be that good. I actually cheered out loud when she told him to take a hike after that job in Mexico because, dear God, Ben. No.
Reva Kline - so she was supposed to be Auggie’s replacement when he got his weirdass promotion, but she had actually NO SKILLS whatsoever in the field. None. And they put her in the field. And something about her just rubbed me the wrong way - which was sad because I adore Jaimie Alexander.
Liza Hearn - I’m pretty sure that after she drove off in the Town Car with Henry, he killed her and dumped her body somewhere. She was literally never heard from again and I’m not sure WHY after being such a prominent (if annoying) presence in the first season. Because journalist or not, the CIA wouldn’t just let her leak the shit she did without there being consequences and she’s not just going to have that kind of access to Arthur and Auggie’s got I don’t know WHAT kind of D but… yeah. I just couldn’t stand her when she could have been so much more.
… but, for the record, I love questions about this show, so. Thanks for asking :)
- If you like someone, wait.
- Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
- Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
- Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
- Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
- Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
- Meet someone new, even just a friend.
- Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
- Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
- Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
- Listen to new music.
- Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
- It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
- Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
- Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
- Make new memories.
- Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
- Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
- Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
- Learn to love every bit of yourself.